Monday 26 September 2011

Tag: My Life In Make-Up

As soon as I saw the lovely Jodie had written this post I just had to do it too. I love hearing other peoples stories of how they got into make-up and thought I would share mine :)


1. How old were you when you started wearing make-up?
I'd say the summer before I turned 13 so I was 12. I moved a lot as a child and I started a new high school with just a few weeks of Year 7 to go and it was the influence of the girls I became friends with.


2. How did you get into make-up?
I started doing Avon when I was 14. I still get ribbed to this day that I never earnt a penny because I spent all of my commission and more on make up! I acquired so much from being an Avon rep. I fell in love with make-up. And my room was overflowing with everything from room & linen spray to shower gel to mascaras. Being an Avon rep really gave me the freedom and confidence to experiment with no end of products because I had unlimited access to everything imaginable. 


3. What are some of your favourite brands?
Avon (forever loyal), MAC, Chanel, Max Factor, Collection 2000 & 17.


4. What does make-up mean to you?
Make-up is an expression. I love the way it can tell you so much about a person. 


5. If you could only wear four products on your face what would they be?
Mascara, blusher, eyeliner & lipgloss/lipstick.


6. What is your favourite thing about make-up?
How good it makes me feel and how happy I feel buying it.


7. What do you think about drug store make-up vs high end make-up?
Having bought across all price ranges I'd say different products work for different people. A high price tag doesn't always mean an amazing product. I'm not fussed what make-up I use as long as it looks good, but I appreciate high end make-up a lot more than drug store probably because of the price difference. 


8. What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner?
Experiment, experiment, experiment! This will be the only way you discover what works for you and what looks best on you. Just because a certain look suits one person it may not suit you. By experimenting with different looks, products and tools you'll soon find your comfort zone and the best look for you. 


9. What is one make-up trend you never understood?
There has been so many!! I'll stick to lips...darker liner than the lipstick, concealer lips and frosty lipstick. 


10. What do you think about the beauty community on YouTube & Blogger?
I think its amazing. I love seeing the creativity and talent of others. I love the way its like one big family and help, compliment and support each other. 


Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog