Saturday 23 June 2012

My Dressing Table/Beauty Storage

I find these type of posts fascinating. I love the way everyone has different ideas and ways of storing their make-up. My little system has been in place for a good few years now with little changes along the way and really works for me. Its allowed me to continue growing my collection while not having to keep buying bigger storage although I have just bought a bigger everyday make-up case.
 For years I've lusted after one of those expensive metal vanity cases, the ones that are like suitcases and open out with about eight trays. The type that a make-up artist would cart about. The reason I never got one was because I didn't really have the space on my floor to keep it and they aren't the prettiest. I have the girliest bedroom with powder blue and lilac walls with white and silver ascents. My carpet is purple and I have an abundance of duvet covers in pinks, lilacs, purples, floral and heart prints. A few years ago I found a small clear plastic vanity case in the New Look sale with make-up inside the trays. I hoofed it all out and donated it to charity and filled it with my everyday make-up essentials. I then purchased a storage system from WHSmith to store items such as lipstick, lipgloss, eyeshadows and new products. I was really struggling in recent months with my vanity case as I have too much everyday make-up it was just too small. On my week off from work recently I made a trip to the Range and found a craft storage box that was perfect for my needs.

Last weekend I finally got around to moving all my make-up around. I got rid of so much old and unused make-up and feel much happier with my system. Plus my darling boyfriend kindly bought me a lipstick holder :)

So this is my everyday make-up storage:
 This box lives on the opposite side of my room to be dressing table. I sit in front of the mirror (I have mirror wardrobes running the length of my back wall) closest to the window.
 The top part has my tweezers, face primers, lip butters, mac prep + prime lip, mac prep
+ prime eye and a few other random bits - lipgloss, high beam glamour freebie (last summer), body shop glitter roller and collection 2000 loose eyeshadow pot.
 The middle tray holds my "long" items as it has five sections that are the perfect length. The first section I have two Maybelline 24 Hour Color Tattoos and Mac Bare Study Paint Pot. The second section has a nude lip liner, Barry M lip crayon and Avon lipglosses. The third section has my favourite Collection 2000 Glam Crystals liners and an Avon and H&M versions. The fourth section has eye pencils, new Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer and clear mascara for brow taming. The last section has Glamour freebie Eye Bright and Bad Gal pencils and L'Oreal Lash Renewal serum.
The bottom compartment is my face products. I have loads of foundation samples in the corner, several powders, blushes, highlighers, foundations, Garnier BB cream, brushes, in use mascaras and eyelash curlers.

Just inside the wardrobe door where I sit to do my face, I keep my most used moisturisers and face cleaning products.
I also have a couple of MAC Paint Pots in here from the Glitter and Ice collection with my Maybelline Gel liner. I use Simple eye make up remover and baby lotion for my eyes. I love the Garnier milk cleanser but don't stick to a regular toner. My skin seems better when I change regularly and although I don't have teenage skin I still use Clean + Clear regularly. It makes my skin feel squeaky clean and could be why its clear now. My two other regular toners I use are Garnier (variety of choice for skin types) and the Neutrogena Blackhead eliminating one.

This is my dressing table:
Along with my bird cage and trinket boxes for jewellery, candle holders, candles I have my big WHSmith storage drawers, a small metal 3 drawer system and a basket of toiletries. 

 The top metal drawer has some new, unopened mascaras. I always buy them on offer and its handy to have some on hand as I'd always forget to buy a new one and just continue using my old dry one.
 The middle drawer holds some Collection 2000 loose eyeshadows and some Glam Liners in colours I don't wear often. The bottom drawer is my Barry M Dazzle Dusts, which again I don't really use. I should as I have some really pretty colours.
 The basket holds my deodorant and some body sprays and perfume. Also have a Lynx body spray for my boy. On top of the storage drawers I have a mirror jewellery box, Paperchase pen pot holding make-up brushes (in their packaging because I hate dust) and my lipstick holder <3 
This is my lipstick holder. I love it so much! I've put my favourite lipsticks in, as you can see most are MAC haha.
The drawers inside my storage contain the following:
 Mostly eye products, such as new gel liners, no7 liners, the gold collection 2000 liner I always wear and some eye crayons.
 All lip care products with several body shop lip butters and nivea sticks as they are my favourites and what I get through really quickly.
 A drawer entirely of lipgloss. Working for Avon means I end up with so many products from them so most of the lipglosses in here are Avon. Having said that I get on really well with Avon lipglosses. They are the perfect consistency and don't taste horrible like some I've had. Plus Avon's lipglosses always have excellent glitter/shimmer which is what I want from them.
 This middle drawer holds eyeshadows, but I rarely wear eyeshadow. I have a few MUA palettes, Bourjois Paris LE pots, 17 pots and I have quite a few of the 17 trio pots.
 This is my lipstick drawer which is pretty much full which is why I was so chuffed about the lipstick holder. The grey box is actually from the Opticians my Mum works for. She's got me several of these boxes and they are so handy for storing make up and hair bits in.
 This one has a few new lipglosses and lipsticks.
The bottom drawer holds more bulky items, mirrors and new powder, face products and my blushes.

So that is everything! Such a long post but so much to show if I was to do it properly. I love the way I've set it up and although I dream of having endless drawers I can't keep track of everything I have now and it would just let me buy even more to fill the drawers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog