Sunday 28 April 2013

Sunday Summary #66

I've had the nicest chilled out time off work and hoping I'm not really back tomorrow. I had a really big spring clean and enjoyed the sunshine. I went to Norwich yesterday for a day of shopping with my boyfriend which was perfect and I got some really lovely bits even though we only got round a fraction of the shops there. We found the most amazing takeaway Chinese called "Wox" which is near Primark. The food was insanely good. My boyfriend picked thai caramelised chicken - I wish I'd known how good it was! Norwich Primark is awful! I don't know if it was just a bad day but it even pushed me to the limit. They have more tills since I last went but all the queues were SO long and I had to queue for about 45 minutes, at one point I considered abandoning my basket!! I stayed though and paid and then had to lug that damn heavy bag around, although my boyfriend carried it after a while as it really was so heavy. Our friend recommended we visit the Television and Movie store near the Forum which was amazing. It had everything from Marvel to Doctor Who to Game Of Thrones stuff. I had a fan girl moment at the Harry Potter section and got a little something. We made a trip to Cath Kidston as I was after a bag or two and could spend my entire pay packet in there, I love everything!

My hayfever has started to kick in which I'm hating, today I've been sneezing loads and a runny nose. I've started taking my tablets but will have to dig out my Allergy Reliever. While in Norwich my boyfriend really wanted to track down a copy of Captain America and possibly Thor but HMV didn't have either but we stumbled upon a shop called "That's Entertainment" which we've visited before in Great Yarmouth and has CDs and DVDS at ridiculous prices (second hand) and new stuff too. There will always be CDs I feel are missing from my collection, I like so much music. We were browsing the new section and my boyfriend spotted both DVDs! Talk about a find and only £7.99 each he was so happy. We watched Thor today, we're going with friends to see Iron Man 3 on Tuesday evening and we're watching Captain America next weekend. So after last weekends Iron Man 1 and 2 catch up I'm all Marvel'd up. I'm getting the hype now and understanding it all better as they're all linked in together. I almost feel sad this is the last Iron Man film as I have a little soft spot for RDJ.

My boyfriend's Grandad's party is formal so I'm in a bit of a tizz what to wear but found some cute choices in Primark. I was hoping New Look would have something as I have a credit note for there that needs to be spent soon but I couldn't even find a blazer I liked which was disappointing. I've placed a big Matalan order online which has a purple blazer in which I'm hoping will fit and look great. Hopefully it will turn up in the next few days.
Small cool bag £3.50 - Sainsburys 
When I want a small cool bag I always have to ask my Mum to dig hers out from the garage so it seemed a great idea to get my own. I loved the design of this one, its very me. 
Rope bikini top £8, bottoms £4 - George at Asda 
I think I said last week I was struggling to find a bikini I liked when I stumbled upon this online. I instantly ordered it and love it so much now its arrived. It has two tiny anchors hanging from the top and looks so nice on I can't wait to wear it! 
Maxi dress £10 - George at Asda
I wasn't sure about this but thought as its so easy to return I'd take a gamble and order it. Its lovely material, like a cotton silk, so will be cool for the summer and really looks nice on. My boyfriend isn't a massive maxi dress fan but even he loves this. I didn't see if it said online but this is a bandeau maxi dress that comes with four straps so you could tie them over your shoulder or just use the front two for a halter neck tie. I would recommend checking George out as they have some gorgeous summer items at the moment. 
Paris door stop £5 - Asda 
My Mum got one of these for our kitchen and being a huge Paris and Eiffel Tower lover I had to have my own. Its so striking and feels quite light but actually holds the door perfectly. We tested it out as we have two back doors, a front door and a side door, we only use the side door to get in and out of the house so last weekend when the back doors were open for the lovely weather and our cats to come and go whenever the side door got opened the kitchen door would slam shut. I didn't think this would work but the door didn't even move when this was in place. 
Follow Your Heart wooden plague £1.50 - Morrisons
I went to Morrisons with my Mum to do a little shop on Friday and when I spotted this on the shelf in the home section it got snatched up instantly, plus the tiny price tag means this was a complete steal. I'm not sure there's anywhere to hang this in my room but it'll be a nice thing to keep for when I move out.
 Soap in a box £6.99 - TK Maxx 
I was killing time before meeting my boyfriend from work and thought I'd have a little look in TK Maxx as sometimes they have great bargains. My eyes fell upon this beauty in the middle of other soap boxes, but this being so pretty and curved really stood out. I love adding little trinket boxes to my dressing table to put rings and earrings in. The soap is green tea and white lily scented which isn't my thing but it should benefit someone as I've added it to my charity bag.
 Strawberries carry all open bag £24 - Cath Kidston 
 Sailing boats zip bag £30 - Cath Kidston 
I adore both these bags, I nearly died when my eyes fell upon the boat print when the new catalogue dropped through my door last week. I just had to have something with it on as I love boats and lighthouses and the sea. My boyfriend liked it too and helped me pick which bag to have. I went for the zip bag as it will be ideal for travelling but not too big for shopping. I have a zip shopper bag with the cherries print similar to the strawberries one but they're so handy and ideal they get their use.
Yankee Candles £1.80 each, Yankee holder £2.99 
We found the sweetest vintage shop and my lovely boyfriend bought me these. I haven't seen the holders for sale in a shop before and as I use mine constantly I thought I should get another to have a different scent in for a change and when I move out. My boyfriend has his eye on the big Yankee jars for when we move out.
 Hamsa long necklace £4 - Peacocks
I spotted a white crochet jumper in the window which got me in the doors but then I only left with this, I love long necklaces and this is so dainty and pretty.
 My Little Pony £14.99 - Television and Movie store
I am a MASSIVE MLP fan and couldn't resist this vintage tee. I often go for t shirts with quirky things on and this being the original MLP I just fell in love with it instantly. Its black which is a shame as I'm sure pink would look cuter but beggars can't be choosers.
 Hogwarts emblem mug £6.99 - Television and Movie store
Argh! I have to go to the Harry Potter Studios as I know I'd simply love every moment but for now this will do. They had the house emblem mugs too but I went for this one. They also had framed posters of The Daily Prophet front pages with Sirius and Harry both wanted among others. They were so cool.
 Kanye West albums - That's Entertainment
I don't have these in my collection so as I'm a huge fan of Kanye (his music, not his current love life choice) I wanted my own copies. I particularly like the 808s and Heartbreaks LP.
 99p store
We randomly wanted in here and I came out with these. I haven't been able to find the Cherry Blast anywhere and this was the last one so it became mine.
All Primark 
Tie dye maxi dress £14 - George at Asda 
My Mum found this for me and its gorgeous. Its quite a flowy maxi but very summery.
Songbird pencil case £3.99, multi colour pen £2.99 - WHSmith 
I made a quick stop for newspapers and these two popped into my hands. I've been after a pencil case for ages as my pens are loose in my drawer and it drives me mental searching for one. I love this design and can't wait to use it. 
I placed an order on Superdrug as they had their sun protection better than half price. I used the Ambre Solaire clear protect last year and it was good but it is very greasy and makes you pretty sticky. I needed a new after sun too and then found lots of little bits for holiday. A friend recommended the almond and coconut products to me and for a travel mini there is loads in these!

So that's my week, lots and lots of shopping but necessities :) 
Hope you've all had good weeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog